The Central PA Gazelle has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.CentralPAGazelle.com
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, March 3, 2007

Carlisle Mayor Appears To Woman On Piece Of Toast


(CARLISLE) - One minute, Sue Ann Hockenbrock was cooking breakfast for her husband and two children. The next, she was dumbfounded at what popped out of her toaster.

"I reached for the slice of toast, put it on a plate, then realized that on it, staring back at me, was an image of Mayor [Kirk] Wilson," Hockenbrock said.

"I guess it was bound to happen," she added. "After all, he has been mayor for some 22 years."

Hockenbrock said she planned to donate the rare find to the Cumberland County Historical Society.

For his part, Wilson was puzzled. "I can assure you it was not the result of any intentional actions on my part," the mayor said.