The Central PA Gazelle has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.CentralPAGazelle.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Letters To D. Editor

Every now and then, I like to pause to answer a few reader inquiries. Okay, so this is the first time, but if you keep emailing, we'll turn this into a regular feature.

[In response to "Probe Launched Into Possible Redneck Cluster In The Midstate" 4/1/07]
Wonderful!!
Signed,
Perry County Lady
Ma'am, you have no idea how hard I struggled to keep Perry County out of that article. But in the end, it all came down to four words: Fish In A Barrel.

[Also in response to "Redneck Cluster" article of 4/1/07]
I'm glad you chose April 1st to post the most realistic entry on your blog. But, frankly, you should have left the town's name as a fill-in-the-blank that would accept any town in Central PA (except Camp Hill, of course)!
C.S.

Of course. After all, when I think "hotbed of diversity," I think Camp Hill.

Thank you for this outstanding public service you're providing. You don't have any idea how badly I, and all of us, need a good laugh, and you're providing it.
J.K.
That's very kind of you. I appreciate your remark, as well as others like it. The midstate's blog community and its readers are awesome and encouraging, and are making this venture a ton of fun.
Okay, enough of my soft underbelly. Back to being a sarcastic asshole.

This is seriously good writing. And seriously funny writing. I live in the same area, and I thought I knew all the good local writers. Who are you? Do I know you? Oh, PLEEEAAZE (please, please, please) tell me.
A.H.
Fair enough. I'm PHEAA President and CEO Dick Willey, and this is what I do in my spare time. Okay, not really. If I was Dick Willey, I'd be too busy giggling at my own name (or booking my next student-funded vacation) to write a blog.

Good God you’re funny. Damn. Will you marry me? My husband won't mind.
J.P.

I like a woman who isn't afraid to swear. And now that Anna Nicole is dead, you're next on my list.

Have I told you lately that I love you? Enable comments, and I will stop stalking you. :-)
J.P. (again)

The thought of allowing comments scares me, and you've helped to demonstrate why. But if you send me a dirty picture of yourself, I might reconsider.