The Central PA Gazelle has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.CentralPAGazelle.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Bystander "Unexpectedly Turned On" By City Council Scuffle


(HARRISBURG) - City resident Bruce Wallipern, who was in the audience during Tuesday night's Harrisburg City Council meeting, said the altercation between Council President Vera Jean White and Vice President Susan Brown Wilson left him "aroused."

"Seeing Ms. White and Ms. Wilson go at it had me unexpectedly turned on," Wallipern said. "I was frozen in my seat. At first I thought it was out of shock, but then I realized it's because I was genuinely enthralled with what was transpiring."

Accounts of who struck whom vary, and attempts by the Gazelle to obtain a police report to see who did the bitch-slapping were unsuccessful.

However, sources close to the investigation say the official report indicated that both women "had it coming."

When asked to comment on the scuffle, Mayor Stephen Reed said, "It's obvious that everyone on City Council just needs a big hug. But I'll be damned if I'm the one who's going to give it to them."