The Central PA Gazelle has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.CentralPAGazelle.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Reed Names Self Mayoral Spokesman


(HARRISBURG) - After a search process he described as "rigorous," Harrisburg Mayor Stephen Reed has hired himself to replace Randy King, who recently stepped down as press secretary.

"The interview with myself lasted three and a-half hours," Reed said. "I was as tough on myself as the other four candidates. After all, I'm my own worst critic."

That comment drew immediate fire from Harrisburg City Councilwoman Linda Thompson. She said she has long claimed the title of being Reed's worst critic, and demanded that the mayor step down from both jobs immediately for suggesting otherwise.

When asked for his reaction to Thompson's remarks, Reed extended his middle finger and said Thompson could "criticize this."